Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States, and the South Asian community is 3 times more likely to be affected by this serious and deadly disease. South Asians also have heart attacks at much younger ages. However, the risk of this illness can be mitigated or even reversed by taking the right steps!
ICC invites you to a free webinar on Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:00 – 11:30 AM EST
Introduction to “AIM to Prevent,™” a Lifestyle Program
Amit Akkad, Lifestyle Ambassador and Director, ICC
Details of a Lifestyle Program to mitigate the high risk of heart disease and diabetes.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the scope and impact of heart disease
- Learn the traditional and emerging risk factors in the South Asians
- Review the emerging epidemic of heart disease in South Asians
- Crack the Indian Paradox and plan an effective preventive strategy
- Use ICC’s Lifestyle program to prevent or reverse your risk of heart disease!
Why you, your family, and your friends should attend:
- Address issues of chronic illness such as heart disease and diabetes BEFORE it is too late
- Learn how ICC’s Lifestyle Program can help you live a longer and healthier life
- Reduce your risk of getting one or both chronic diseases
- Reverse the illnesses if you already are suffering from one or both diseases
Registration is required to attend. Click here to register!
To ensure an effective learning experience, group size for this webinar is limited. Participants will be confirmed based on the information you provide in the registration form and available space.
Harshad V. Sanghvi, MD, FACC, is a board-certified Cardiologist in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Medicine, and Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. He served as Chief of Cardiology and Intensive Care Unit Director for about 30 years at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, Ware, MA.
Dr. Sanghvi has participated in several cardiovascular research studies and his principal interests include clinical and preventive cardiology, emerging epidemic of heart disease in the South Asian community with emphasis on modifiable risk factors, lipid disorders, ischemic heart disease, and women’s health.
Mr. Amit Akkad is an Experienced Global Services Executive, currently working as VP of Operations at Ava Robotics with proven track record of growing profitable service revenues with excellent customer satisfaction. Recognized as an IT services expert. A leader with excellent strategic, analytical, communications and operational skills.
Mr. Akkad is Director of ICC and Lifestyle Ambassador serving community over the past couple of years. He also works with multiple organizations to educate and inspire children of rural communities (Adivasi) in India for past few years.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the webinar or the topics to be covered. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
This program is supported by a generous educational grant from the Cummings Foundation.
ICC is recipient of $100K grant over 4 years!