Learn about Health Care Proxy & Living Will
Have you prepared a Health Care Proxy and a living Will?
(Learn about this via a Presentation)
If you are like most people, you may not have prepared this legally required important document yet. Reasons for not preparing “Health Care Proxy and Living Will” are:
- The belief that Health Care Proxy and Living Will would require a lawyer and could cost hundreds of dollars.
- It is a difficult subject and we are not ready to address it for ourselves and our loved ones. To discuss this with our loved ones could turn out to be a very difficult dialog. We may not even know how to approach this subject.
- Although important, it is not urgent and therefore is being postponed.
- Some avoid because of concerns about dealing with legal language and jargon.
- To some of us, even if we know its importance and benefits, but we procrastinate!!
Indian Circle of Caring USA Inc., (ICC) has undertaken a drive to introduce, educate and encourage you to take care of this important matter in a timely manner.
Since December 2007, ICC has provided over 16,000 copies to our community members FREE of charge. ICC has conducted over 90 presentations, workshops, and webinars in sixteen (16) states in the USA in our efforts to inform, educate and empower our community about the preparation of this important but often neglected document. ICC’s drive to inform, educate and empower our community members to attend to this important matter has been very well received and appreciated. These documents have become part of important services ICC provides and have been proven helpful to a number of clients in their personal lives and decision-making.
Five Wishes document provides an easy way to express your decisions about:
1. The person I want to make Care Decisions for me when I can’t – (Health Care Proxy)
2. The kind of Medical Treatment I Want or Don’t want (Living Will)
3. How comfortable I want to be
4. How I want people to treat me
5. What I want my loved ones to know
Save Money ($$$) and get this done easily by acting now!
Simple steps, Act NOW!! :
- ICC provides a FREE customized, Five Wishes document ready to be completed and signed.
- With some basic information, you will be given access to ICC’s account at the Aging With Dignity (Five Wishes) website. Get a free copy for each adult (over the age of 18) in your household
- You will receive a welcome email with an attachment of Five Wishes with your name and Date of Birth as a fillable PDF file.
- Decide and document your wishes
- You may fill the form online or print and fill it by hand to finalize your choices and with witnesses or notary signatures as required by the state of your residence. You will have a fully executed document in hand.
- Review, discuss your wishes and what matters to you with your loved ones.
- Keep the document easily accessible so that it can be found readily as and when needed.
- Get a sense of accomplishment for completing an important task – Celebrate!
- Encourage your family and friends to do the same. They will thank you for thinking about them!
We at ICC hope that you take advantage of this wonderful resource made available to you. It is a gift to you and your loved ones.
Fill out the form below to receive your personalized fillable PDF copy of “Five Wishes” document for your use to prepare or use during webinar/workshop conducted by ICC.
Note: Required fields are marked with *
ICC is grateful and appreciative of sponsors (individuals and organizations) of Five Wishes. We acknowledge their support and contributions under the Financial Contributions section of the website.