ICC would be pleased to work with any organization or group to facilitate and conduct workshops, webinars, and/or seminars on the topic of “Health Care Proxy and Living Will”. This initiative is a result of the feedback from ICC members as well as leaders of various organizations.
Background: During the last thirteen years as we have met and worked with our community members, we have found that a very large number (approx. 85 %) of our community members do not know about Health Care Proxy and Living Will. For those who know about this, only one third have in fact prepared such a document. In other words, only 5 % of our community members have prepared this important document.
Recent conversations and inputs from leaders of various organizations in the community as well as members, it has become clear that ICC can contribute further in this process by providing guidance in the preparation of Health Care Proxy and Living Will by conducting educational workshops, webinars, and seminars.
Workshops, Webinars, and Seminars: Working jointly with any group, organization, and/or local community, ICC would be pleased to offer such a program.
Your organization role, as a co-sponsor:
- In case of a workshop or seminar: Find and reserve a place where 30 to 50 people can get together to prepare this document.
- For a webinar, ICC can make the Zoom platform available.
- Invite members of your community and/or organization through appropriate announcements, such as newsletter, email, or any other suitable communications for this free event.
- All adults over the age of 18 can be invited
- Interested persons confirm their plans to attend by using the registration form. RSVP would be received and managed by ICC
- The event would take about 90 minutes including a presentation and Q&A.
- On the day of the event, you may welcome the attendees on behalf of your organization or group.
ICC role and support
- We will provide a free copy of “Five Wishes” document to each person who registers.
- We will conduct the event to educate and guide the attendees so that they can complete this legal document.
- We would also announce workshop information on the ICC web site and newsletter to invite ICC members to attend the workshop(s).
Benefits to Attendees: As a result of this workshop, the attendees spend about an hour and at the end of the workshop they leave with completed Health Care Proxy and Living Will in their hands.
As you review and carefully consider this, please feel free to contact ICC for any questions, suggestions, or ideas you may have to make this project successful.